The announcement was made at INTERGEO 2015, the world’s largest conference on geodesy, geoinformatics and land management.
The new and enhanced products include:
• Spectra Precision FOCUS 35 RX – A new range of motorized total stations providing high-speed, accuracy and precision in measurement. The FOCUS® 35 RX robotic instrument moves the power of the observer from the instrument to the range pole, improving efficiency. The speed of observation and precise positioning of the FOCUS 35 RX Robotic Total Station is provided by patented StepDrive™ motion technology, which controls the horizontal and vertical motion of the motors, eliminating the need for traditional motion locks. The FOCUS 35 RX includes a tracking sensor that uses LockNGo™ FastTrack tracking technology, enabling the instrument to constantly lock onto the prism.
The FOCUS 35 RX is available in 2”, 3” or 5” accuracies, features market leading extended operating time with its dual battery system and is controlled externally by Spectra Precision Ranger™, Nomad™, or T41® data collectors running Spectra Precision Survey Pro™ or Spectra Precision Layout Pro field software on the Ranger or Nomad.
“The stream-lined design, extremely light weight, very quick turning speed and exceptional battery life enhance the overall value-proposition of the FOCUS 35 RX and make this instrument a very compelling choice for a wide range of survey and construction applications,” said Olivier Casabianca, Spectra Precision Business Area Director. “With the introduction of the FOCUS 35 RX, Spectra Precision continues to expand and improve its portfolio with powerful solutions using new technologies.”
• Spectra Precision Nomad 1050 Data Collector – The Nomad 900 has been updated with new features and capabilities. The Nomad 1050 has more RAM, more Flash and more speed. The base processor is now 1 GHz compared to 806MHz on Nomad 900 and the Nomad 1050 has 512MB RAM and 8GB flash storage. The other major enhancement is a new 3.75G dual-mode GSM and CDMA WWAN modem to provide fast and versatile connectivity for Spectra Precision customers. Also, the new WWAN module uses an internal antenna eliminating the need for an external antenna.
• Spectra Precision Survey Pro 5.7 Field Software – Constant improvement and enhancement continues with Survey Pro. Survey Pro version 5.7 contains significant changes to enable more productive field data collection. Included in this update are new map displays that enable viewing and managing most of the map features that are located on the main map display. The GNSS and robotic staking screens can also display a map view to include background maps along with the standard dynamic guidance control option. The GNSS offsets routine has been updated and now includes a distance-distance option. For those customers who wish to use GNSS and robotic simultaneously, there are now enhanced options for configuration and switching between modes.
• Spectra Precision Survey Office v3.60 Software – Spectra Precision Survey Office now includes enhanced functionality; support for the Spectra Precision FOCUS DL-15 Digital Level and the import of leveling data from any DiNi level; least squares and 5 and 7 parameter Helmert transformations with reports; Geoid 12B support and grouping by country in the Coordinate System Manager; Point Cloud support plus many more additional enhancements.
• Spectra Precision MobileMapper Field GIS Application for Android Devices – A new version of the popular MobileMapper® Field GIS application now running on Android devices. This new software is dedicated to GIS data collection and focuses on simplicity to maximize the number of field personnel contributing to the geospatial business. Primarily for MobileMapper 300 users, the application will be the key component of Spectra Precision’s Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) solution. This makes it possible to pair Android tablets and/or smart phones with the MobileMapper 300 GNSS receiver to collect GIS data with survey-grade accuracy.
“With the introduction of these new and enhanced products into the Spectra Precision portfolio, survey and construction professionals have a wider range of economical choices to get the job done,” said Olivier Casabianca. “These new Spectra Precision optical products complement the ground-breaking line of Spectra Precision solutions, enabling Spectra Precision to offer a complete range of survey products.”
The Spectra Precision Survey Pro field software and Spectra Precision Survey Office software are expected to be available in September; FOCUS 35 RX, Nomad 1050 and MobileMapper field software for Android devices are expected to be available in November through the Spectra Precision global reseller network. For more information visit: www.spectraprecision.com or email: email@example.com.
About the Spectra Precision Brand
Spectra Precision has long been an established brand, known for delivering quality products to the construction market. Focusing on the specific needs of the conventional surveying market, the Spectra Precision brand offers a complete product portfolio including, Global Navigation Satellite Systems (GNSS), optical total stations, data collection hardware, field and office software, as well as a wide range of construction tools.
Spectra Precision surveying equipment is an economical choice that utilizes innovative technologies to provide optimal efficiency. With convenience and reliability as the foundation of the Spectra Precision brand, it is an ideal choice for value. The Spectra Precision brand is backed with the strong technical support that users have come to expect from a quality name in surveying and construction.